Moving sale/fundraiser: preliminary results
Hello, everyone. It's about time I updated this page! I'd like to thank all of you who came to my moving sale / open house / fundraiser last weekend. I enjoyed visiting with you and appreciated the opportunity to sell off or loan out most of the major items.
I'm also very pleased to announce that we raised over $585 for the popular libraries program of the Mennonite Central Committee in Bolivia. Many thanks to everyone who participated, for your generosity!
In other news, I moved into my parents' house this Monday and will be living here until I leave for MCC orientation in mid-October. I leave on a train trip to visit friends on September 25 and will return October 9; then I only have a week before I fly to Pennsylvania for orientation. From there, I leave for Santa Cruz, Bolivia. I'm finding myself somewhat overwhelmed, at the moment, at the thought of unpacking, repacking, and settling financial and other arrangements before leaving in just over a month to start this new chapter of my life. I'd greatly appreciate your prayers for perspective and fortitude.
P.S. If any of you couldn't attend the fundraiser (or didn't know about it) but would like to make a contribution to the program I'll be working with, you can make out your check to "MCC," write in the memo line "Bolivia libraries program," and mail it to MCC, Box 500, Akron PA 17501.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home